Background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

College Part Three...Blah

I just am not really enjoying college right now. There are really fun moments sometimes, but overall this just isn't my favorite year. I like everything that I'm doing, but I am having trouble loving it with all my heart.I am stuck in this weird limbo of going to the elementary school and being an almost teacher and then having to go to classes and be taught(although in some of them not much learning is happening on my end). Seeing these children just makes me want to be done with school and have my own classroom. I really, really, REALLY want to be placed in a self-contained special ed. classroom. Seeing as this is where I plan to spend my life I would like to visit one before my first day on the job when its just me. I am LOVING all of the children!!! I feel God reassuring me in little ways that this IS what I am meant to be doing, but I just want to go ahead and do it already and stop learning about the hypothetical situations. I learn from experience...the first week in a Kindergarten inclusion class I had my hair pulled and had to have a child pulled off of me twice. I learned to wear my hair back everyday and that she is the one student that you should not try to be on-level with when you are talking to her...I LOVED it!!!

As far as my life though...something, more like someone, is missing THIS GIRL. I love being an Alpha Gam, but she was my favorite part of it. I love going to bible study and obviously God is my favorite part of that, but Lindsey was a close second. I got a date for formal, but
a)I don't really want to go without her.
b)I got a date that I like and I'm not even as excited about him because I can't share it with her.
c)All of the above
Everything I do I feel would be exponentially better if she were here. I have no time for anything though and normally I would go to her house and hang out at whatever random time I felt the urge. Now we have to plan our hangouts. She tried a surprise visit and I was not here. I cried so much that my mom offered to skip the JDRF walk that we were headed to and drive me to Dahlonega to see her. This was the second failed attempt because of my ridiculously hectic life.
Lindsey has been so good to me in so many ways. She is a true friend, a wonderful big, an uplifting sister, and a sister in Christ that found ways to bring me closer to Him. So basically it is easy to see why I love her so much and why I need her in my life.
Well fear not bloggy friend because in just a little more than one short week I will be traveling to the wonderful land of Madison, Georgia to see this lovely gal.
Update to follow (I promise)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweet girl, you have NO idea how much I miss you, too! I cannot wait to see you in just a few days!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete